Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th

My run tonight was by far the coolest run I have ever done. I took off at dusk just as most people were starting to light off their fireworks. So for 35 minutes I got to see all kinds of fireworks going off and lots of people out enjoying them. So I just took things easy and enjoyed the shows. There was a big show put on by the Country Club that I got to watch for the last mile of the too.

One of the neighborhoods I run though had lots of people outside with a bunch of chairs setup. There was a light on the sidewalk near them I thought it was the glowing remains of a sparkler or something but it was actually an extension cord. Just as I was running by a guy picked up a box that was attached to it that had a bunch of switches on it. As I ran a little farther I figured out what was going on. There was little clearing that had all kinds of fireworks setup so the box must have controlled them. Sure enough, later in my run there was all kinds of neat stuff lighting up the sky from that area. I wonder what it would cost to get something like that setup and how to do it.

Because tonight run was so awesome I think I'm going to have to make it some sort of tradition to go for a run on the fourth and enjoy everyone lighting off their fireworks. I can just do that instead of buying any of my own and save a bunch of money. Of course I won't be able to go for a run when we can make to the fourth party that we usually attend.

I hope everyone else had a safe a fun fourth and that no one lost more than two fingers.

No comments: