Friday, June 27, 2008

Back at it

Man it sure has been a long time since I've posted. A lot has happened since then. I'll get into a lot of it but not quite everything.

As I feared my last semester was brutal and between it and work I had very little time for anything else. I ran 22 miles in January and then stopped until a week or two ago. It was the most involved semester that I have had since I've been in college, and I've been in college for 8 years. I had my first math class in 5 years and it was a 400 level one. I worked my ass off to get through but I got through it with a B- and learned a few things along the way. My other class was a lot of fun and a ton of work but I'm not actually done with it yet. I had to take an incomplete because of some family things that came up. I have the rest of the summer to get my project done, if I don't I'll get a C. Needless to say my goal of 1000 KM this year is not going to happen.

A couple weeks after the semester ended Amy and I went to Ireland for two weeks and had a wonderful time. It was an incredible experience that will provide a lifetime of memories.
I'll post more on it later but words can't explain how it really was and the pictures didn't capture it.

While we were on the other side of the pond there was some excitement here at home. A tornado, ok actually 6 tornadoes, hit our town. My car is now famous. It was picked up by the tornado and placed on top of a couple other cars. The picture of it was all over the place, including CNN (my car is the one on top). We would have had to put $800 into it to make it road worthy and it would have needed probably another $500 to fix some other stuff. Since it is 15 years old and we only had liability we decided it wasn't worth it and sold it for $300. Which was just enough to cover the towing and storage bill of $260. We are currently in the process of looking for something to replace it with but it is slow going. We'll probably end up getting a Honda Fit or Civic though. Fortunately no one was hurt and nothing happened to the apartment we live in. The building next to ours and our clubhouse weren't so lucky though. Everyone in the building next to ours had to move out because part of the roof got blown off and our clubhouse was destroyed.

I did start running again a little bit now that we've been back. I don't really have a plan right now though so I've been pretty inconsistant. It is just nice to get out there and run. In the next week or two I'll try and figure some new goals and get a plan to help keep my going.

2 comments:

Nolan said...

I often run in the night as well. I actually just live a few blocks East of you (Fairacres Rd). Tough break on the car - they said on the news it was parked on the other side of the building!?

Brandon said...

Small world. I honestly don't remember where I parked the car before we left. It wouldn't have gone over any building though but it might have been tossed across the parking lot.