Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back in School

Well school started up again this week. Let's see, this will be my 16th consecutive semester of college, not counting summer classes. Too bad I'm still working on my bachelor's degree. I did get an associates degree in the middle there and I've just been going part time since then, but I think it is fair to say I haven't always been the best student.

The line from Tommy Boy is very fitting. Tommy says "You know a lot of people go to college for 7 years." To which Richard replies "I know, they're called doctors." Oh buddy, that's good stuff. If you haven't seen that movie you are missing out.

This semester will be pretty busy. I'm taking an artificial intelligence class and I will have a lot of work to do in there. For instance I get to build a robot that plays basketball. If you're at all interested, you can see all the rules and stuff here (pdf). At least I have a little more than three weeks to design a robot, figure out how to build it, figure out how to program it and then actually make it play basketball. And in case it didn't come through in plain text like this that was blatant sarcasm. I do think it will be fun though.

Because of all the work that I will have to do for school I'm a little worried that I will put my running on the back burner like I did last year. I am going to work really hard not to do that though. I think the goal I have of 1000 KM for the year will help keep me motivated to at least run once in awhile. Running does clear my mind too. Now if I can just figure out how to program while I'm running....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How many more KM to go until you reach 1000KM? lol