Sunday, May 17, 2009

100 Pushup Challenge

Last year I was working on completing the hundred pushup challenge. But I got busy with school and I couldn't commit myself to finding time to do my pushups. It's actually kind of weird. I would have had plenty of time to do it, but I just had so much stuff to do for school that I was always stressed out about it. Now I have all the time in the world. Since school got out I've been learning about web developement and am starting on a couple personal projects and I also started working out again. I think it was just the stress of school that stopped me from doing this stuff before, but I'm done now :-).

Sorry for the tangent, back to the post.

I started doing the hundred pushup challenge again and I just finished day one of week two. I amazes me how quickly the number of pushups I can do increases. When I did my initial test I managed to do 18 reps, which was more than I expected. I felt it for the next couple of days though. For my last workout I did a total of 58 pushups in 5 sets with shorts breaks between sets. So I did substantially more than I did that first day. With each workout that I have done I have been less and less sore afterwards.

I still have a very long way to go and 100 pushups without a break still seems impossible to me, but I'm going to keep plugging away at it until I get it done.

No comments: