Sunday, May 17, 2009

2009 Kearney Community Olympics

There doesn't seem to be much information on the Kearney Community Olympics that are held here every summer. This year I have some of the information early, instead of the day of like usual. So I thought I'd share it with the world.

PURPOSE: To encourage exercise, community spirit, teamwork socialization and fun.

TEAMS:
  • Team members must be 18 years of age or older as of June 26, 2009.
  • Teams are usually comprised of co-workers, neighborhoods, service clubs, churches, friends, etc.
  • Teams must consist of at least 10 people, but no more than 30.
  • Each team shall appoint a team captain and an assistant captain.
EVENTS:
JazzercisePickleballTrack & Field
Obstacle Course5k Run/WalkInner-tube Water Polo
TennisGolfKickball
CroquetHorseshoesCup Stacking
Mtn. Bike RideWellness WalkKayaking
CanoeingVolleyballOver-the-Line Softball
Hot Shot BasketballKearney's Best Dance Crew


I'll get the tentative schedule posted sometime in the next couple of days, but all of the events will take place June 26th, 27th and 28th.

I'd love to be able to just link to the Parks and Rec page with all of this information but I haven't been able to find it online. This page is all that I could find on it: Park & Recreation. If anyone knows of a better source of information please let me know.

1 comment:

Josh K said...

I'm sure this is just for Kearney residents, but if you need any more to form a team, I'm in. :)