Friday, May 8, 2009

I Graduted

I am finally done with school. Today I received my bachelor's degree in Computer Science. It was a long road, 9 years and 4 schools. But I stuck with it and finally achieved my goal. The last semester I was extremely busy with three classes and working 40+ hours a week. So that didn't leave me much time for working out. But now I'm done and I feel like I have all the time in the world, so I'm going to start training and blogging about it again.

Last weekend Amy ran her first half marathon and she did great. She had an awesome experience and ran about 10 minutes faster than she was expecting to. It was definitely a motivation to see all the hard work she put in really pay off.

I've decided to train for the Buffalo Run. It is a 5 mile race in Lincoln on 9/13. So if I start the clock on Monday 5/11 that gives me 18 weeks to get ready, which should be plenty of time. I think I'm going to follow Galloway's 10k training plan. It is only 13 weeks long though so I'll have to make some adjustments to it. I might just do the first few weeks twice to get back into the swing of things. I also decided that I'm not going to worry about monitoring my heart rate for now, I'm just going to run.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Josh K said...

Holy SH$%!!! This page is active!!!

"So if I start the clock on Monday 5/11 that gives me 18 weeks to get ready"....do you mean if you start the clock for the race right now, you might finish it in 18 weeks?

I'm doing the Buffalo Run too. This will be my 7th year in a row.