Saturday, June 16, 2007

Nice Easy Run

I went for a nice and easy 2.5 mile run tonight. I ran the loop for the first time in quite a while. In fact, it's the first time that I've ran it in the dark since I got the light that clips on the bill of my hat and it worked great. I finished in a time of 29:40 with an average heart rate of 142. My plan was to keep my HR under 150 and I was above it for just under 7 minutes, but I was only a couple beats above each time. I did walk up a hill toward the end to keep my heart rate down. It still amazes me how much my HR jumps up when going up a hill, even though it doesn't feel like I'm working any harder. I'm happy to report that I didn't have any pain in my knees at all, or anywhere else for that matter.

We're heading back to Lincoln again tomorrow, this time for a wedding. It should be a pretty good time, I just hope I can stay "hydrated" for a low price (i.e. free). It will be a very short trip because Amy and I both have to work Monday morning.

I have one week until my 5k for the Kearney Community Olympics (I'll post about them in the next couple days). So I'm going to take things easy this week. I'm only supposed to do a 3 mile run and a 1.5 mile run before the race. I don't think I can just sit around for that long do I'll through in an extra run early in the week, probably the loop. Since I run my easy runs extremely easy I'm sure it won't hurt anything.

No comments: