Friday, June 1, 2007

I have work to do

My run for last night was one mile fast. We jogged about a half mile down to the track and I did some strides to get warmed up. I was thinking my last mile was a 6:48, so I was hoping to run a 6:40, which would be 1:40 for each lap. I have a little (and by little I mean a tons of) trouble with running consistent laps though. My first 200 only took about 35 seconds, oops. I slowed down a little and hit my first lap at 1:21. Since I went out so fast on the first one I slowed down for the next two too much and ran the second in 1:48, followed by 1:54 for the third. Then I let myself go on the last one and ran a 1:30. Final time - 6:35. So even though I beat the time I was shooting for I wasn't happy with my run, I have to get more consistent. I read a pretty good article on how to train yourself to do that but I can't find it now, oh well I'll have to look for it later.

I checked my log after I got back and it turns out I ran a 6:34 mile on 5/1, the 6:48 was a couple weeks before that. So perhaps I'll check out my log BEFORE I run next time.

My goal for my 3k next weekend is 13 minutes and I still have a little work to do to get there. According to The McMillan Running Calculator my 6:35 translates to a 13:04 3k (but that's for people that are in shape and I have a ways to go before I am). If I don't start out so damn fast and let the competitive juices flow I should be pretty close to getting there. If you've never played with that calculator give it a try, it's pretty fun to do.

No comments: