Friday, June 8, 2007

Random Updates

My leg stopped twitching after lunch. I'm guessing that MVTruman was right when he said it was either Fatigue or an Electrolyte Imbalance that caused it. It would be hard to eliminate either one of those things because my sleep schedule and diet are so messed up.

We had another softball game tonight. We played a lot better and actually got to finish the game instead of losing to the mercy rule after three innings. I actually got a couple hits tonight for the first time this season. My rib cage is a little sore now though. I don't really believe in stopping when I'm running the bases, once I get going it's like 5 steps between the bags. So I was on my way to home and I thought I had plenty of time but I was running pretty much all out anyway. Someone yelled at me to stop and go back to third (like that would happen) and then the pitcher was in the baseline getting ready to catch the ball. I knew I wasn't stopping in time to avoid him so I braced for impact. Yep that's right I didn't let the fact that he was 6'4" and about 275 slow me down. He didn't move at all even though I was running at close to full speed, but I bounced off him pretty good. He didn't catch the ball (I know it's cuz he was scared) and I scored.

After the game I kind of watched the Spurs beat the Cavs in game one of the NBA finals and kind of took a nap. The Spurs sure are looking good, I have no doubt the Spurs will win their 4th championship.

After the game I went for a nice and easy 1.5 mile run. My time was 17:40 (11:47 mins/mile) with an average heart rate of just 135. My legs are a little tired still from Tuesday's hard mile and I want to be pretty fresh for Saturday's 3k so I made sure I ran really easy.

I found out tonight that the 5k Amy signed me up for is on the 23rd at 7:00 in the morning. I don't understand why they always have these races so damn early. Can't they do some at midnight when normal people are awake (I reject your reality and substitute my own (stolen from Mythbusters))? I haven't set a goal for that race yet, I'd love to break 20 but I don't think that's realistic at all. I'll see how this race goes and then figure what I'll shoot for in the 5k but it will probably be in the 22-23 minute range. I'm also planning on going to a concert the night before it. The Deaf Pedestrians are playing here in Kearney for just $10. But you have to get tickets at the door, last time they played in G.I. 200 people were turned away. Hmm, that's interesting. According to the tour schedule on their site they are playing in G.I. again. Oh well, we'll see what happens. I don't have my hopes up much on going to that show. But their CD is headed my way and will hopefully be here next week.

Well I better try and get a little sleep so my leg doesn't start twitching again.

No comments: