Thursday, July 17, 2008

100 Push Ups

While I was stumbling tonight I came across the site, hundredpushups.com. It has a six week plan to increase the number of push ups you can do to 100. Since I've thinking a lot lately about doing more to get into shape than just running, I figure this is a good way to start.

I can't do the program justice in just a few sentences (but I'm going to try anyway) so make sure you check it out yourself if you're interested. Here is my attempt. You start off by seeing how many push ups you can do without stopping. Then based on that number you do a number of sets and reps three days a week. After a couple of weeks you test yourself again and adjust the column you follow accordingly. Then after six weeks you test yourself again and you're supposed to be able to do 100 push ups.

I don't know about you, but 100 push ups seems like quite an impressive feat. Being able to do that many push ups in one go in just six weeks seems a little unlikely to me. But I'll give it a shot, I got nothing to lose.

Like I said you start things off by doing an initial test to see how many you can do. I managed to 17 of them before my arms were shaking too much to push myself back up. That gives me a rank of 3 and I'll start off in the third column. I'm planning on my three days a week being Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. And I'll start things off on Sunday.

There has been this little voice in the back of my head for a couple weeks now telling me to do before and after photos. I honestly I have no idea why. It's not like I'm going to be losing any wieght, I mean I'm 6'5" and I weigh 175 pounds. That gives me a BMI of 20.7 and my bathroom scale says I have only have 8% body fat. I have this dellousion that I can get ripped someday. So we'll see if I can get Amy to take some pictures sometime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we have a timer on our camera;)

Anonymous said...

please, no pictures, noone wants to see that,lol.