Thursday, July 31, 2008

Book on the Run

I don't read as much as I should or as much as I like to. Ok wait, let me rephrase that, I don't books as much as I should. I read all the freaking time, really it's about all I do. But I don't read books much, I just surf the internets finding all kinds of interesting stuff. If you'd like to be as cool as me check out reddit, digg and use stumble upon. I also lurk in the forums on RunningAhead quite a bit as well, but I think I'll become more active there one of these days. One of the best comics out there is XKCD too (reading and understanding this one definitely puts you up there on the coolest list).

Why was I writing this post? Oh yeah, since I don't read books too often I figure running is a great chance for me to "read" some. So I get books from the library, rip them to MP3s, put them on my Cowen D2 and listen to them while I'm running.

Another side note. I know that it is technically illegal for me to rip the CDs to MP3s, I guess I could just download them in a format that allows me to do what I want instead, though I doubt that would be better. In my defense, I only put the MP3s on my MP3 player and delete all traces of them once I'm done listening to the book. I never share or distribute them. Occasionally I will return the CDs before I'm actually done listening to the book, but that's just cuz I'm a nice guy and I don't want some little kid left out in the cold wishing she could listen to Harry Potter but can't because some guy in his mid 20s is listening to it for 30 minutes three times a week which will take him more than two months to finish. Actually that hasn't happened yet, Harry Potter is always checked out :-(

I've added a little link thingy on the right hand side of my blog titled, Book on the Run. Which is a link to the book I'm currently listening to on Amazon. For purposes of total discloser, I'm an affiliate on Amazon so if you buy a book through that link, or any other link from my site, I get a little money. I think so anyway, but it's never actually happened and I don't really expect it to, but if it does that would be awesome, cuz I like money. I'll probably try and post a few paragraphs about the book once I'm done, but book reports have never really been my thing.

No comments: