Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekly Recap Week 3

It was a good week, nothing newsworthy though. I ran a total of 9 miles for the week. Wow, I have a ways to go to get back to where I was last summer. I actually ran 10 miles in one shot. Oh well, slowly but surely I'll get back there. It was also my first week of the 100 push up challenge, look at my last post if your interested in knowing more about that.

Monday 7/21 - Easy run with Amy when it was pretty hot and humid out, even through we didn't go out until around 8:30 at night or so. I have a feeling it's going to be that way for a couple months at least, I shouldn't complain though, I love this weather compared to winter. Nothing special about our run really, it was pretty slow, but my HR was up a bit cuz of the heat though so it was probably a good thing it we didn't run any faster.
Distance 3.13 miles, time 36:47, pace 11:46, average heart rate 145

Wednesday 7/23 - A nice little 3 mile easy run, same course at Monday actually. We ran a little faster than on Monday, but I'm not really sure why, just one of those things I guess.
Distance 3.13 miles, time 34:23, pace 11:00, average heart rate 155

Thursday 7/24 - We played a pickup game of Ultimate Frisbee again. Man I am so out of shape for that. It's fun though and if I keep playing and running maybe I'll get back in shape a little bit. I'm sure the fact that a few of the guys that play are current or were recently cross country runners at UNK doesn't make me look any speedier.

Saturday 7/26 - We were only supposed to run 3 miles, but I through together a course that went around a nearby lake that was a third of a mile too long. Really what's a third of a mile in the grand scheme of things? So we ran it. It goes along a bike trail that runs next to a little channel thing and went by campus where there is a bridge near a dam, it's pretty cool I think. To get down to the bridge you have to run down this really steep hill with just a dirt path and grass, err weeds, that are more than waste high.
Distance 3.34 miles, time 38:45, pace 11:37, average heart rate 145

This upcoming week, the one starting today, is a fall back week. I'm looking forward to it because my legs are getting kind of tired. I'll only be running 6.5 miles and I plan to take them all pretty easy.

No comments: