Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Weekly Recap Week 2

Last week was a good week, all of my plans went well and were on schedule. My cousin got married on Saturday and I got all prettied up in a tux. We had a good time at the wedding, lots of good memories. Other than that nothing real exciting happened. I guess I borrowed a car from my folks that I'll use until I get one. We are thinking we are going to get a 2009 Honda Fit once they come out, which will hopefully be soon.

Monday 7/14
Best run in a long time. I love rain and thunderstorms and ever since I started running again I've wanted to run in the rain but it hadn't worked out. Well Monday night I had my chance. We went on a 2.5 mile out and back run. It was raining when we started but it was coming. Actually it was probably pretty stupid for us to be out running since there was quite a bit of lightning. It started sprinkling a little a few minutes into our run then it start coming down pretty good. It was really windy too, but it was okay because it was at our backs. Ah, but you might recall that just a moment ago I wrote that it was an out and back run. Well the back part wasn't quite as nice. It was like we were getting pelted by little rocks or sand the whole way back because the rain was blowing the rain so hard. It was a great run though and I loved every minute of it. The only thing I would have changed is I would have like it to rain a little bit harder.
Distance 2.5 miles, time 29:28, pace 11:48, average heart rate 146.

Wednesday 7/16
Must not have been an eventful run at all, I don't remember anything about it (other than it was the loop). I don't even remember if I ran with Amy. I don't think I did though because I didn't head out until 9:30 and that is getting to be a little past her bed time.
Distance 2.5 miles, time 25:18, pace 10:08, average heart rate 158.

Saturday 7/19
We were in Lincoln again at my parent's so we ran along the same trail as a couple weeks ago, just a little bit farther. We ran in the morning since we had the wedding in the afternoon. It was only about 9:00 when we ran (which is pretty early for me) but it was already really freaking hot out and pretty humid.
Distance 2.98 miles, time 33:18, pace 11:11, average heart rate 150.

Oh yeah, I started a new book this week too, Digital Fortress by Dan Brown. I'll have to update my little Book on the Run thingy on the right sometime. So far it's pretty good. I'm not sure I'd say it is a literary masterpiece, but it is a good book to listen to on the run.