Thursday, July 17, 2008

Weekly Recap

I really want to write up a post each week saying how my runs went the week before and what my plans are for the upcoming week. So for this post my last "week" will really be a couple of weeks.

Week 0 of my plan. Why 0 and not 1? Well two reasons, I'm a computer programmer and a lot of times we start counting at 0 for arrays instead of 1. The real reason though is that Amy was busy all week and couldn't get the runs in so I added a week before the plan so we could be on the same schedule.

7/1 - The first day of the plan. I ran what I like to call "The Loop" it's a 2.5 mile run along the bike path nearby and it kind of goes in a circle, hence "The Loop".
Distance 2.5 miles, time 24:31, pace 9:49, average heart rate 163.

7/3 - A nice 2 mile jot around the neighborhood. There were a few people shooting off fireworks but it was nothing compared my my forth of July run last year.
Distance 2 miles, time 19:03, pace 9:47, heart rate 150.

7/5 - I was supposed to run 2.5 miles but Amy already had a 2 mile run planned so I just tagged along. We were in Lincoln so we ran along a bike trail near my parent's house. It's a nice trail runs a long a little creak thingy, probably more of a drain. Anyway there were cute little baby duckies and stuff along it in a few places.
Distance 2 miles, time 22:09, pace 11:05, heart rate 145.

That took care of week 0. It was a pretty good week and it feels really great to be running regularly again. Total mileage for the week was 7 miles.

Now for week 1.
7/7 - The Loop again. I really like this run so pretty much any 2.5 mile run I have will be on this course.
Distance 2.5 miles, time 24:31, pace 9:49, heart rate 164.

7/9 - Nice easy 2 mile run with Amy. I like going out on runs together. We both have our headphones on so we don't talk or anything, just nice to hang out I guess. I annoy her when we run together though (and most other times really). I run about three steps in front of her the whole time. I don't do it on purpose, I think it is just because my stride is so much longer than hers.
Distance 2 miles, time 23:31, pace 11:19, heart rate 139.

7/12 - The Loop again (I told you I like it). I mixed things up this time though and ran it backwards. It's a little tougher that way though. It wasn't really my intention when I started my run but it kind of turned into a tempo run and I was pushing myself toward the end. It felt great, in that my legs burn like hell and I can't breath sort of way.
Distance 2.5 miles, time 22:17, pace 8:49, heart rate 161. Strange minute faster pace but a lower heart rate. I just don't get it.

Well I guess that gets me caught up on the past weeks. This week (which we will pretend isn't almost over already) I have two 2.5 milers and a 3 miler planned. I'm in a wedding in Lincoln this weekend, but I should be able to get my run in on Saturday morning without much trouble. I really need to look for some new shoes when I'm there though, I have over 360 miles on my current pair.

No comments: