Sunday, May 20, 2007

3 Mile Milestone

I ran 3 miles tonight for the first time since I ran the 5k that got me back into this whole running thing about 6 weeks ago and it'd been a long time before that (probably not since high school and I graduated in 2000). It's not really that big of a milestone but it something I've been working slowly towards for the last month. I hope that each milestone I reach is as easy to get to as this one was.

We went out to Yanni park and ran an out and back route along the trail there. It was a really nice run. The trail runs along the creek that is out there and it really flat. I'll probably end up doing quite a few of my long runs out there. I took it easy and ran a time of 28.34. I turned around right at 15 minutes so I pushed a little bit harder on the way back, but still keep it pretty slow.

Today's run was the first one of week 5 of my training program. That means that I'm halfway done with it. So far I've only missed one run, and that was during the first week. So I'm pretty happy with myself for sticking with the plan. I'm starting to almost feel like a runner.

No comments: