Saturday, May 5, 2007

I'm not a happy person right now

I'm a huge fan of The Doors, I have been since junior high. I saw Robbie Krieger, their guitar player, play at Knickerbockers in Lincoln a few years ago and it was by far the best show I've ever been to. Two of the former members, Ray and Robbie, got back together a few years ago and started touring. They were scheduled to play in Omaha a couple years back but that show got canceled so I was pretty disappointed. Recently they got a new lead singer and started touring again. I check their website pretty frequently to see if they are going to have in shows in the area. A couple months ago they put announced their tour schedule for for the US this year. I was delighted to see a few of shows scheduled in the midwest, Kansas City, St. Louis and Chicago.

With the KC show being on a Saturday and the closest one we decided to go to it. As soon as tickets went on sale I ordered a pair for me and Amy. I've been putting off getting a hotel room because of school and stuff but one of my goals for today was to get one. I went to Ray's website again to check out the forums and I found out that the KC show has been CANCELED!! It's too late to get tickets and rearrange our schedules to make it to the St. Louis or Chicago show. So I'm going to miss out on seeing them again. So I'm pretty bummed right now. Maybe I'll feel better after I run today.

1 comment:

MommyMacky said...

that sucks a lot!! I'm sorry i know how much you were looking forward to seeing them. Why did it get cancled?