Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Repeat 200s

According to my training plan I was supposed to run one mile fast tonight. I'm kind of bored of doing that so I decided to do some repeat 200s instead. For no real reason I decided to run six of them. I ran a 200 hard, then jogged the next two. I hit stop after the first one instead of the split so I don't have that one time for sure, it was something like 34.6. The rest went 39, 38.8, 37.7, 38.1 and 35.6. So they were pretty consistent, except for the fist one, but I just expect that now. It took me about 80 seconds for each 200 that I jogged.

It felt good to run fast, or at least a lot faster than when I run my miles. I almost said that I miss the 200 repeats that I did in high school. How can I think that!? Every year me, Amy and one of the other guys on the team would get craps in our calves, usually on the same 200 even. I have experienced very few things in my life that have hurt more than those and there is absolutely nothing that could be done about them at the time. When both calves cramp up the only thing you can do is try to get to the grass, fall over and cry. My calves would be sore for days after those workouts. What in the hell possessed me to do 200 repeats tonight?

Tomorrow is a rest day so I think I'll use the elliptical machine for awhile. I've gone through one of the sites and set up all my runs so far. I'll do the same thing at one of the other ones tonight (maybe both) and post about my initial thoughts tomorrow.

No comments: