Thursday, May 3, 2007

I'm a wimp

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'" - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian and sub-2:12 marathoner

Well last night I was a wimp. It was a day off but I had planned on using the elliptical machine for 25 minutes or so. I went down to the club house and Amy showed me how to use it, then she used it for a half hour or so. I studied for my history final while watching the Spurs crush the Nuggets to move onto the next round. I finally got around to using the machine and it's a lot harder when you do it right. After like two minutes on the lowest resistance my quads burned like hell. So I decided I've been working out pretty hard lately and today is supposed to be a rest day so I'm just going to take the day off (which is just a nice way of saying I wimped out).

I'm supposed to run 2 miles tomorrow night. Since I have my history final tomorrow night too I'll probably end up doing a midnight run.

No comments: