Friday, May 4, 2007

Classes are done!

I had a great run tonight. According to my schedule I was supposed to run 2 miles tonight. The bike trail near our apartment has a really nice loop that is right at 2.5 miles, so I ran that. The plan doesn't specify the pace but I was planning on running at an easy 9 minute mile pace. But it's hard for me to run slow and I was feeling good. I'm sure the fact that I had just taken my last final of the semester had something to do with that. One mile in I was at 7.39. I thought I stopped my watch instead of just getting the split so I stopped to figure out what I did. Everything was fine except that I wasted about 15 seconds. My split for the 2nd mile was 7.44 so I stayed pretty consistent. So I covered the two miles in 15.23. Really that's pretty good considering that not even two weeks ago I ran a two mile race in 14.53, and the loop is a lot more hilly than those two miles were. I'm sure I could have pushed myself quite a bit harder tonight too. The last half mile was quite a bit slower though, 5.11 for it. Since I wasn't suppose to run that last half mile and quite a bit of it is uphill that doesn't bother me too much. My total time for the 2.5 miles was 20.35.

Tonights run put me over the 50 mile mark on my shoes. So far my shoes have been great and I look forward to putting many more miles on them. It was kind of rainy out tonight and I haven't ran much in the rain with them. After I got done and I was walking back up to the apartment I noticed that the right one was squeaking so I hope that's not a problem.

My last run this week is a 2 mile fartlek. I've never ran one of those before so it should be interesting. I'm not sure if I'll run it tomorrow or Saturday. I guess it depends how I feel in the morning. Since I'm done with classes for the semester I'll have some more time to post. I have a few things that I want to post about so be on the lookout for those.

1 comment:

MommyMacky said...

what is a 2 mile fartlek....fart leaks out everytime you step or what?