Thursday, May 24, 2007

Yoga

A few months back Amy and I used to do yoga on a somewhat regular basis. I don't know anything about yoga other than what is on the DVDs that we have so I'm sure I'm did all kinds of things wrong, but I enjoyed doing it. I never did improve my flexability much, but my posture did improve (and there is tons of room for improvement) and I felt better about myself. Those effects wore off since I stopped doing the yoga though. Since I'm trying to improve my general well-being I've been wanting to start doing it again. Since I didn't feel like just sitting around tonight I figured tonight would be a good night to start.

So I got out our MTV Yoga DVD and went through about half of it. It's kind of weird how it wears you out just stretching and doing different poses. When we first started before I couldn't get through the whole thing either, but after a short while I could. So I figure I'll be able to get through the whole thing if I do it once a week in a month or two.

Here are a few articles I've read on yoga and running.
Yoga for Runners on Run The Planet
Yoga for Runners on Yoga Journal
Flex Time on Runner's World

If you have any recommendations on websites, DVDs, books or anything else on yoga and running share them in the comments.

No comments: