Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Log Site Experiment

The past few weeks I've been using Gmaps Pedometer to plan my courses. And I've been using a spreadsheet to log all my runs. While reading some other blogs and forums, I came across the following three sites that people said they use:
MapMyRun
RunningAHEAD
Favorite Run

The Gmaps site has worked ok so far, but I've been far from impressed with the interface. So I've decided to setup accounts at all three of the sites about and enter my past runs starting with the Novartis Run (if I can) and keep track of all my future workouts. I'll try do this through my next race so I can make sure I take advantage of all of the features each site has. I'll post about my experiences and what I think of the sites as I go along. At some point I'm hoping that one site separates itself from the pack. At that point I'll probably start using it exclusively. Who knows, if none of the sites impress me maybe I'll just have to write my own that works how I think it should.

If anyone has any other sites they use leave a comment and I'll add those ones to the list.

No comments: